Hello, Beautiful Readers and welcome to 2015! We rung in the New Year surrounded by sweet friends and family. We are feeling extremely blessed these days with dreams and hopes for 2015. There will be some red tape to get through, but a big shift may be coming for our home! I’m going to save any details until we have a full row of green lights, but the news will certainly be exciting. All I can say is that life is a constant surprise of transitions, and you just never know where your next adventure may take you.
Back to our first week of 2015. Due to some technical difficulties, I was without a computer for nearly a week. Now, before I get all first-world-problem on you guys, let me just say, it ended up being a blessing in disguise. I spent many hours reading, catching up on housework, and thinking- lots and lots of thoughts. I realized that for the last few months, Ive been hiding away in my work. My personal life has been swept under rugs and I have become a bit of a recluse. As long as I could focus on work, I felt like I was in control. So without any distractions, I was faced with a mountain of feelings and emotions that I had been suppressing.
After countless cups of tea and a few tearful moments, I feel ready to face a new year. Looking ahead, I want to be sure that I am keeping a balance in life. The challenging part about doing something you are passionate about is that your work suddenly trickles into your life. Before you know it, every moment you live becomes about the next project, the next big idea and you’re unable to turn off your mind. There are constant to do-lists that feel so good to check off, but sometimes, there needs to be an off switch. So I decided to take advantage of my forceful time off to do just that. I turned everything off- I was even phoneless for a few days which I haven’t done since receiving my first phone nearly a decade ago.
With all that said, I’m feeling incredibly anxious to get 2015 going! I’ll be working this week to get caught up on what I’ve missed this first week. Thanks for sticking with me during the transitional time! This year has been a wonderful one and we can’t wait to share this new year with each of you.
To finish up December, here is a quick peek at what I was loving all month long.
01. My Sam and Libby Chelsea boots. These have been a daily grab for me. They go with anything and can work with pretty party dresses or leggings and a hoodie. Comfortable and a classic silhouette, these boys are going to be a special part of my wardrobe for years to come.
02. Wool baseball hats. This one in particular has been a go-to. A good baseball hat can turn any bad hair day around, and the wool trend has been keeping me warm on chilly morning runs to the grocery store. Paired with some jeans and a plain tee, you’ve got a simple, classic outfit for errands around town.
03. My travel mug from the Mason Bar Company. Anything from their shop is perfect, but this is my very favorite size. Fits in a cup holder with ease while still holding a substantial amount of liquid. Drinking water throughout the day has loads of health benefits so I try to refill about 4 times a day.
04. Philosophy Holiday Cheer hand cream. This was just what I needed to perk up my holiday spirit this month! A sweet and spicy scent, this brought memories of cider, mulled wine, and roasted cranberries.
05. Tinted lip treatment. Let’s be honest, I’m a Chapstick girl. The whole lipstick thing is overwhelming to say the least, so I find a good balm the best way to go. This is a bit of an in between which works well for me. I can apply it without a mirror and the tint is a perfect my-lips-but-better color.
06. My Darling Magazine subscription always makes my heart glow, but this month, I have enjoyed so many quiet moments with just a tea cup and my winter issue. I am always grateful to browse the short articles that leave me feeling proud to be a woman. For some reason, the glossy, gossip columns in typical magazines make me feel like I need to strive harder to be prettier, to be more witty. While growth is always encouraged, Darling focuses on looking inward at the beauty and mind you’ve been given and celebrating it rather than questioning it.
07. How sweet is this Butter London pouch? Santa popped it in my stocking and I couldn’t wait to get it in my purse. Simple and sweet, I adore the phrase, “We believe in rock & roll, Great Britain and fashion.” Amen and amen.
08. Well, who hasn’t raved about this throw from H&M this year? Best feature: the cats hate the nubby texture so it’s mine- aaaaall mine!
09. How to be Parisian Wherever You Are. I’ll be putting up a full review of this beauty in a couple of days. So stay tuned! All I got to say is it’s sheer perfection.
A very happy New Year to you and yours! Can’t wait to share another year with you all.
Until next time!