So summer is now in full swing. I’ll be honest- summer is probably my least favorite season. SO sorry for all of you who are offended by my lack of devotion. Don’t get me wrong, I love the beach, I love seasonal cocktails, I love being a little sun kissed. HOWEVER, Pennsylvania summers tend to be humid and sticky. This New England girl isn’t used to it even though she’s spent nearly ten years here. ANYWAYS. Let’s just say, I don’t love it and crave fall with every ounce of my being whenever it rolls around.
When it comes to beauty and makeup in the summer, I keep things pretty minimal. If I’m just around the house, I’m likely makeup free with my hair tied or braided up, but with the ringing in of summer comes the invitations to barbecues, weddings and evening celebrations. The longer days give the perfect backdrop for gatherings and when I’m actually taking the time to put myself together, I have a few favorite products in my beauty bag that are the stars of the show.
- Whether or not I have makeup on, I am wearing coconut oil as a moisturizer. It’s lightweight and balances my skin which is exactly what I need in the warmer months when my skin can’t decide if it’s dry or oily. My favorite is Cocovit which I used as lotion, face moisturizer, teeth whitener, hair mask…skies the limit.
- I’ve been a huge fan of Smith’s Rosebud Salve for years. Not a whole lot to say other than it’s nice and refreshing, smells great and keeps my lips moisturized all summer long.
- Dry shampoo. This one from Alder New York is my favorite BUT I don’t think they make it anymore so my heart breaks everytime I sprinkle some into my palm. So I’ll admit I use it sparingly holding on to hope that it will last forever. But dry shampoo is the best for greasy hair often caused by excess sweat (it’s summer people, not pretty). I can’t shower 3 times a day, BUT I can pop in some of this on my way out the door and not worry about it.
- Summer scents. Commodity is my all time favorite scent makers. For summer, I love Rain and Magnolia because they’re both light and fresh with just enough floral hints to keep things feminine.
- When it comes to makeup, I love cream products for the summer. They’re lighter than doing a full face with foundation and powder products but can be buildable if you need it. My favorites come from RMS Beauty. To keep my summer glow up, I love using the Buriti Bronzer and Magic Luminizer. No matter what kind of chaos has happened throughout the day, I can pop these on my cheeks and I feel like a new lady ready for whatever event I’m off to for the evening.
What are your favorite summer products? I’m still trying to keep all of my beauty and skincare clean so if you have any new recommendations, please let me know!
Until next time,
*Disclosure: this post contains affiliate links. It is also written in collaboration with Follain. All words and opinions are my own. For more information, visit my disclaimer page.