Well, well, well! Here we are at the end of January. I’m not sure how that went by so quickly! Seriously, I still had some Christmas decorations up for goodness sake. I was walking out to my car the other day, the whole way thinking, “Wow, I need to find a way to slow my life down” and I really want to! I hear parents say it all the time: I feel like I’m going to blink and I will be in my 40s getting ready to send my kids off to college wondering, “What happened to my life?!” So if you have any ideas on how to slow down even the everyday moments in life, I would love to know your secrets!
Though it was a fast month, it treated us well. We finally had some snow (miraculous…) which made my little heart happy! I wish we had a bit more, but you have to take what you can get. David received a pretty hefty promotion at work and we are so excited about the paths it has already taken him down. He is spending the next six weeks flying out and back again taking classes and exams for new certification so these will probably be pretty chaotic weeks ahead of us. We are ready! We went into 2015 knowing that we were going to face a lot of change and stepped into the new year with arms wide open, ready for whatever would come our way. So far, we feel extremely blessed and excited for what is ahead of us!
When I realized I needed to put together another favorites post, I felt really unprepared. I sat there thinking, “I don’t even know what I used this month it went by so fast…”, but after a quick walk around the house, I had an armful of goodies to share with you all!
01. Madewell Tuxedo Leggings. Shabam. I pretty much live in these. When I’m at home, I tend to throw on some type of leggings of track bottoms and either a sweatshirt or other pullover. I love these in particular because they are much thicker than normal leggings. There’s also less stretch meaning I can wear them out in public without the worry of them stretching even thinner revealing stuff I’d rather keep covered up if ya know what I mean. Just love these to bits and they are on sale soo go get you some!
02. My wet brush. Always. I have naturally tangly hair (unlike Sally who has naturally curly hair. Charlie Brown reference for any Shulz lovers…) which is a pain under normal circumstances, but when I’m constantly throwing it up in a messy top knot or shoving it up under beanies, it goes from bad to terrible pretty quick. So this makes getting out bird’s nests a dream and a half!
03. Clear Care contact solution. Ok, ok- this may not seem all that exciting, but it’s been a life saver for me! Over the past couple of years, I have really struggled with wearing contacts. I’ve had uncountable eye infections, suffered through bone dry lenses, and scratched and squinted through many a day. I pretty much gave up on wearing contacts are all last spring until I heard about Clear Care. There’s hydrogen peroxide in it (don’t panic, don’t panic), and after just eight hours of soaking, it performs miracles! Truly. I can’t even tell you how much this has helped all of my contact issues. I will warn you, however *pay attention to the eight hour directions*. I made that mistake once and was literally crying like an infant after putting in contacts that still had traces of the peroxide on them. So- follow the rules, kids.
04. J. Crew beanies. Can’t go wrong, folks. Especially in the men’s department. They are having mad sales now so go grab one before they replace them with the shorts and bikinis!
05. It’s a 10 Miracle Leave-in Treatment. Yes, it is a miracle folks! I use the one with keratin in it for a little extra umph. As promised it: repairs dry damaged hair, adds shine, smoothes & controls frizz, seals & protects hair color, detangles, prevents split ends, stops hair breakage, creates silkiness, enhances natural body, flat iron & thermal protector. It really does, folks.
06. L’oreal Color Riche Lip Balm. In an attempt to be more of a grown up, I’m trying to wear more lip color. This is another in between product that promises color in a soft balm. Works for me. I think I secretly hope that is I wear more lipstick, I won’t cry over high bills and grocery shopping. A girl can always dream.
07. My perfeCTion sweatshirt. Yes. Yes. Yes. There’s one for every state, but only one perfect one. I’ll save you my “No state has houses and trees and shopping and people and snow and everything like Connecticut” rant and just let you soak in my love from the text on the shirt.
08. L.L. Bean WGMs. That’s Wicked Good Moccasins for all you non-New England folks! Adore. Husband picked up a pair for me for Christmas and I actually groan now when I have to put on real shoes. Want to walk on a cloud? Grab you some!
There we go! Another month done. Hope you found some goodies to try here!
Until next time!